This is a list of anime-related terms and their definitions, some of which may have their own articles. See also List of Japanese words and phrases.
- Anime - Animated works produced in Japan, or artwork emulating the style of those works
- Chibi - a style which isn't very anatomically correct; usually the character is only 3 - 5 heads high, depending on the artist's preference.
- Cosplay - dressing as an anime character
- Doujinshi - Fanfiction in anime or manga style
- Ecchi - art that is meant to arouse, but isn't sexually explicit nor reveals the sexual organs, though non-explicit partial or full nudity is sometimes featured
- Fan service - using a female character to appeal to male sensibilities, through costume or suggestive position or action
- Kawaii - Japanese for cute. Can refer to a style which is exaggeratedly cute
- Kemono - Merging animal features with human characters, usually ears and/or tails. Most common are "catgirls." To be distinguished from furry.
- Manga - Graphic novels produced in Japan, or artwork emulating the style of those works
- Otaku - A dedicated anime and manga fan, roughly equivalent to the phrase "Comic book geek"
- SD (Super Deformed) - a style which isn't very anatomically correct; usually the character is only 2 -3 heads high, depending on the artist's preference. Less realistic than Chibi
This article is about an anime term. If this article isn't included in this template, please add it. (view this template)
- Futanari - girls with male (and sometimes female) genitalia. Commonly also called dickgirls or futa
- Hentai - Pornographic anime or manga
- Lolikon - Hentai featuring undeveloped girls
- Shotakon - hentai featuring undeveloped boys
- Yaoi - commonly used to refer to hentai featuring male homosexual sex
- Yuri - commonly used to refer to hentai featuring lesbian sex